Sage School of Philosophy, Cornell University
Ithaca, United States
Call for Papers
The Hope and Optimism Initiative (Cornell/Notre Dame) invites submissions for a 3-day workshop on the theme ‘The Nature and Norms of Hope’ to be held on April 27-29, 2017 at Cornell University.
Papers should be on hope, despair, and related themes, including how they bear on social/political philosophy, moral philosophy, psychology and philosophy of religion. Submissions should be anonymized and take the form of a 500-750 word abstract. Accepted papers should be suitable for approximately 40 minute presentations. Authors selected will be offered travel and housing for the workshop.
Invited speakers include:
- Vincent Lloyd (Villanova University)
- Miriam McCormick (University of Richmond)
- Michael Milona (Cornell University)
- Kathryn Norlock (Trent University)
- Nancy Snow (University of Oklahoma)
- Margaret Urban Walker (Marquette University)
Deadline for submission: January 27th, 2017
Email abstracts to: email@example.com. In the body of the e-mail, please include the following information:
1. Paper title
2. Author’s name
3. Institutional affiliation
4. Contact e-mail address and phone number
Click here for more details.